While these ingredients were specifically chosen as "skin food," you can easily customize any smoothie to benefit your skin. Here is the basic equation for a smoothie that will make you glow:
1. HYDRATE - choose ingredients with high water content like coconut water and cucumber
2. CALM - anti-inflammatory foods will soothe irritated skin from the inside out. think cucumber, aloe, papaya, greens, or nuts
3. MOISTURIZE - healthy fats are essential for soft skin. try coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, or nuts.
4. FIGHT FREE RADICALS - antioxidant rich foods protect your skin from the elements. colorful fruits and veggies are high in antioxidants, especially berries.
5. BOOST COLLAGEN - increase your Vitamin C to stimulate collagen production by including citrus fruits, bell peppers, and papaya.
1/2 cup plant milk
1/2 cup coconut water
2 brazil nuts
1/4 papaya, cubed
1/2 carrot (if you don't have a Vitamix, grate the carrot so that it blends)
1 tbsp aloe
4 slices of cucumber (1/4 in slices)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 pinch of pearl powder
1 cup ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Serve immediately.